Shortbread Pecan Pie Crust
- 1 cup pastry or all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, scant measure
- ¾-1 cup pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Butter a 9“ deep-dish glass pie plate or light colored pan. (deep dish is preferred for this recipe)
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl and stir.
- Place the nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse just long enough to chop the nuts finely. Do not make a paste.
- Add the nuts into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Press the mixture evenly into the buttered pie plate.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until it just starts to brown on the edges.
- Do not over bake. Crust will be hard if over cooked and hard to cut.
- Note: A light-colored or glass pan will absorb less heat than a dark one and help ensure against over baking.