Eastern Fish Fry
- Salmon Fillets - 1 kg , cut into 2" cubes
- Onions - 3, medium, peeled and quarted
- Garlic - 6 cloves, peeled and chopped
- Red Bell Pepper - 1 medium, cut into 1" cubes
- Green Bell Pepper - 1 medium, cut into 1" cubes
- Tomato Paste - 3 tablespoons
- Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato - 2 medium, cut into eighths
- Cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Salt, Pepper and sugar
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Spring Onions - 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Black Sesame Seeds - 2 teaspoons, toasted
- White Sesame Seeds - 2 teaspoons, toasted
How to make it
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon and then coat with the cornstarch.
- Shallow fry till just done, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain oil from pan.
- Keeping the heat at medium high, add the onion, stir for a minute and then add garlic.
- When softened, add the tomato paste and chilli powder, if using.
- Continue stirring for another couple of minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt to taste and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir and add both peppers and tomatoes.
- Gently, stir in the cooked salmon and adjust seasoning.
- Turn off heat, stir in coriander leaves and spring onions and sprinkle the top with the black and white sesame seeds.