Pasta With Creamy Red Pepper-feta Sauce And Chicken
- 2 + 2 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pound whole-wheat fettuccine pasta
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
How to make it
- Pound chicken breasts flat season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta, and while its cooking.
- In skillet place 2 tbs EVOO and fry over med heat chicken breasts slowly till cooked through. Set aside.
- In same skillet heat 2 tbs of EVOO.
- Cook onions till tender 5-7 min.
- Add garlic cook 1-2 min.
- Add the chopped peppers and cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place mixture in a food processor
- Add stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta.
- Process until combined and smooth and return to skillet to keep warm.
- Slice chicken breasts in bite size peices and add to sauce.
- Use some pasta water to thin sauce if needed.
- Mix pasta with sauce sprinkle with remaining feta and parsley.