Southern-Style Fried Green Tomatoes
- 4-5 large green tomatoes (nice unripened red ones)
- 3 T.black pepper
- 3 T.garlic powder
- 1 T.garlic salt
- 3 T.italian seasoning
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3 beaten eggs
- Louisiana hot sauce (for dipping)
How to make it
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- Set aside.
- Add 1/2 of the seasonings to the beaten eggs,the rest of the seasoning gets mixed into the flour.
- Dip tomatoes into egg mixture,then into flour.
- Deep fry in a 2-3" deep pan until golden to dark brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle on hot sauce and eat.
- **If you want these extra crispy,you can cook them halfway ,then dunk back into eggwash and refry.