Pasta With Bacon Tomatoes And Olives
- 3 T. molasses
- 1½ tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large (1 lb) tomatoes, chopped
- 1C. whole pitted ripe olives
- ¼ C. chopped parsley
- ½ C. grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
How to make it
- Beat to blend molasses, mustard, Worcestershire and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, combine bacon, onion, garlic and mushrooms in skillet. Cook, stirring, over med-high heat until bacon is browned and onion is soft, about 5 min.
- Stir molasses mixture and add to pan with tomatoes and olives. Cook stirring gently, until tomatoes are soft and olives are hot, about 3 min.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Spoon tomato mixture over pasta and add parsley, toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with cheese. Offer red pepper flakes to add to taste.