Pork Chops With Bananas And Bacon
- 4 pork chops -- 1" thick
- 3/4 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- 1 lemon -- juice of
- 2 tablespoon butter -- softened
- 2 large bananas
- 6 strips bacon
- beer -- (opt)
How to make it
- Combine the butter, salt, pepper and cumin. Rub into both sides of the meat.
- Sauté' the bacon briefly, until some of the fat has rendered. Remove and drain.
- Peel banana's and cut into 1 1/4 chunks. Place on a dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Slice the bacon in strips long enough to wrap around each banana slice. Place on skewers, threading through the bacon.
- Place the pork chops on a hot grill, for 15 minutes, turning once. Turn grill down to medium, adding the bacon and banana's -- grill another 10 minutes, turning both the meat and banana's.
- Also good basted with beer, while the meat cooks.