Angel Hair Pasta With Chicken
- 2 Tbl. olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 10 oz. package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (I use more)
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil ( I use 2 Tbl. fresh basil when available)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Heat 1 Tbl. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook, stirring until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and begin heating water for pasta. Add carrot to skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic to the skillet and cook for several minutes longer.
- Cook pasta in boiling water, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking add the chicken stock, basil and parmesan to the vegetable mixture, combine and add chicken back to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, put in serving bowl and top with chicken mixture.
- I like using all organic ingredients if available.