My Stuffed Cabbage
- Time 12-00 minutes
- Serves 6
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 lb. lean ground lamb
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
How to make it
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large Dutch oven. Turn heat completely off.
- Soak cabbage leaves in water in dutch oven 5 minutes, remove drain and cool on paper towels.
- Place lamb, rice. salt, oregano, nutmeg and pepper in large bowl, mix well.
- Place about 2 Tbsp. lamb mixture in center of each cabbage leaf.
- To form rolls, fold bottom end of cabbage leaf over filling, fold in side edges, then roll firmly to completely enclose filling. Place rolls in slow cooker, seam side down.
- Pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove cabbage rolls from slow cooker to serving platter, spoon tomato sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Serve immediately.