My Own Maid Rite
- 2 pounds good hamburger
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 4 tablespoons mustard (just the yellow table mustard is best)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 oz. can Pepsi
How to make it
- Brown hamburger, chopping finely. Drain well in colander by spraying with hot water. Return to pan.
- Add finely diced onion, mustard, sugars, spices and Pepsi.
- Simmer until Pepsi liquid is almost absorbed/thickened to a consistency for making sandwiches.
- Place onto a fresh hamburger bun, cover with cheese if desired.
- *note* Some people might liken the consistency of the sandwich to a "sloppy joe," but it's very much different. Milder, sweeter, and addictive!