Yellow Cake Cupcakes
- Time 25 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks , room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350F and make sure you have a middle rack. Line your cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add butter, egg, sour cream, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat this at medium speed until smooth, (approx. 30 seconds).
- Pour your batter in your cupcake tin evenly and then bake until light golden brown. The cupcakes are ready when a toothpick poke in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let these cool for about 45 minutes.