Cheater Spring Rolls
- 4 oz low-fat, firm tofu, sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlc
- 16 oz coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 8 sheets of phyllo pastry
- Canola oil spray
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan or wok at med-high heat.
- Add tofu and onion, and cook while stirring 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Cook until onion is thoroughly softened.
- Add slaw mix, tamari, water and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Lay 2 sheets of phyllo on a dry surface, long side at bottom (cover the rest with a damp cloth).
- Spray top sheet of pastry lightly with canola oil spray.
- Spoon about 1/4 of the pan mixture in a strip about 2” from bottom edge of the pastry.
- Begin to make a roll, starting from the bottom.
- Once roll is almost done, fold sides over at edges and roll to finish. Lightly brush roll with water.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 4 rolls.
- Slice each roll diagonally, not all the way through, into six pieces.
- Bake for 20 min, and serve immediately.