Lemon Walnut Hummus
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 taspoon coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
How to make it
- In a small skillet on medium-heat toast the walnuts for 3 minutes or so. Shake the pan every once in awhile while you toast to ensure an even toast.
- Put the nuts aside to cool down.
- Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in the skillet for 30 seconds or so. Transfer this to a mortar and add cayenne pepper and grind to a powder.
- In your food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, garlic, ground spices and 1 tspn of the salt.
- Rub the walnuts to remove most of their skin. Add the walnuts to your food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time if it is too thick. Add in your pepper and olive oil to serve.