Somtum Green Bean Salad
- 4oz of Haricots Verts
- 1 smallish clove of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp palm sugar (1tsp brown or white sugar works as well)
- 1/2 tbsp dried shrimps (this is optional but tasty)
- 1/3 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Birdeye chilli
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp peanuts (you can play around with how much)
How to make it
- In a mortar (hopefully you have one of these guys) add your dried shrimp and pound them up until they are flakes. Set those aside.
- Gently crush up your garlic clove in the mortar and add the peanuts and haricots verts. Pound these up until the haricots verts are bruised and the peanuts are slightly crushed.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice as well as a sprinkle of sugar and continue to crush this. Be sure it is well mixed.
- Add a whole (or half) chilli to the mortar and crush it lightly then mix it with the rest of the contents.
- Add the tomatoes to the mortar and crush lightly. Sprinkle on the srimpt flakes and toss everything well.