- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce)box saltine crackers
- Oil, or 1 lb of margarine- not butter
How to make it
- Chop onion and sauté in 1 stick margarine until very soft.
- Mix raw pork, ground round, cooked onion, 1/4 box finely crushed cracker crumbs, and 2 eggs. Form patties with 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon meat.
- Crush another quarter box of the saltines into very fine crumbs, coat each meatball in the crumbs and gently flatten very slightly.
- Fry in reserved margarine, keeping margarine level in pan to at least 1/4 inch.
- Drain and enjoy.