- 1 lb very lean flank steak
- 1 lg white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dill (fresh or dried. You may use more if you like dill.)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 3 Tbsp sherry (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (or low fat yogurt with 1 tsp vinegar mixed in)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups noodles, freshly cooked and still hot
How to make it
- Slice steak into very thin strips, 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches
- Heat butter in a large skillet
- Saute the onions and garlic, stirring frequently.
- Add the steak and mushrooms and cook until the meat is browned on all sides.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch, sherry and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the steak mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the sour cream and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle parsley overall.
- Serve over hot noodles.
- (You may serve this over rice, if you prefer.)