Cajun Pork Fingers
- 3-4 Boneless Top Loin Pork Chops
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of Donnie’s Cajun Seasoning Mix (or equivalent ingredients) (recipe found on my recipe page)
- 1 ½ cups of Bisquick
- Salt to taste
- 1 quart and 1 gallon Ziploc bag
- Vegetable oil, enough to cover the bottom of pan by at least 1 ½ inch
- 1 heavy pot or pan for frying. (I use my 5 qt enamel coated cast iron Dutch oven)
- Plate lined with 3-4 paper towels
How to make it
- Remove all fat from pork chops.
- Cut (lengthwise) into strips ½ - ¾ inch by the thickness of the chops.
- Wash and pat dry the strips.
- In a bowl, wisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix until blended well.
- Put the egg mixture and all of the pork fingers into the quart size ziploc bag and put onto the refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temp. for ½ hour.
- In a bowl, wisk the Bisquick and remanding seasoning mix well, and then put into the gallon ziploc bag.
- Remove the pork fingers one at a time from the egg mixture (shaking off excess egg mixture) and place into the gallon ziploc bag.
- Seal bag and shake well so that all of the pork fingers are covered well with Bisquick.
- Put the oil in the pot and heat on medium-high. (Do not smoke the oil)
- Remove pork fingers from bag (shaking off excess Bisquick) and put into the oil. Do not crowd pork fingers in the oil. (Several batches will have to be done.)
- Using tongs, turn pork fingers frequently until golden brown. (This will happen in less than two to five minutes)
- Remove the pork fingers from the oil and lay on a plate covered with paper towels to allow the oil to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt.