Marinated Baby Onions And Olives
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 TBSP. freshly squeezed lime juice.... about 1 lime
- 2 TBSP. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teasp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teasp. cumin seeds
- 1 can ( 6 ounce) small pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 jars ( 3 ounces each) pimieto-stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 jar ( 3 ounces) almond-stuffed green olives, drained
- 2 jars ( 3 ounces each ) cocktail onions, drained
- 3 TBSP. chopped fresh cilantro
How to make it
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and the cumin seed in a medium saucepan.
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- remove from heat and allow to cool..
- stir in olives, onions and the cilantro
- transfer mixture to an airtight container
- chill overnight to allow the flavors to blend
- serve at room temperature
- makes about 4 cups