Key Lime Bars
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 36
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs,beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 Tbls.bottled Key Lime juice
- 1 Tsp.baking powder
- additional confectioner's sugar for dusting
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For crust:Mix butter,1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 cups flour.Pat into a 9X13 inch greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes,or until pale golden in color.
- Beat together eggs,sugar,lime juice,add flour,salt and baking powder.Mix well and pour on top of crust.Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove.When cool dust with powdered sugar.Cut into squares.
- Keep any remaining bars chilled.
- Note:Orginal recipe doesnt call for it,but I like to add fresh lime zest for extra lime flavor*