- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 12 oz. Mexican cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken or steak (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- chopped cilantro, optional
How to make it
- Rub both sides of the tortilla with garlic.
- Evenly sprinkle grated cheese over 4 of the tortillas. Top evenly with chicken, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place remaining tortillas on top of the filling. Press down lightly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas, cook turning once, in batches if necessary until tortillas turn light brown and cheese melts. about 2 minutes per side.
- Slice in wedges to serve.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.