Shortcut Harvard Beets
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grated orange peel
- dash of black pepper
- dash of ground allspice
- 1 can sliced beets (1 lb)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
How to make it
- Combine cornstarch, salt, orange peel, pepper and allspice in a 1 quart microwaveable dish.
- Open beets and drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid (beet juice).
- Blend in reserved beet juice, vinegar and orange juice.
- Microwave 1 3/4 to 2 minutes at high speed until thickened, stirring several times.
- Add drained beets and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes more until beets are thoroughly heated.