Spaghetti With Sausage And Peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb. package bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium-size red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking sausage into pieces while cooking.
- Remove sausage and drippings from Dutch oven, and drain well on paper towels.
- Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sausage, pasta, and cheese. Transfer mixture to serving platter, and serve immediately.