Sausage Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 lb. hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 4 medium-size red bell pepper (each about 4-6 oz.), halved lengthwise
- and seeded
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix first 9 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly. Arrange in lasagna-size baking dish.
- Bake peppers uncovered until tops are browned and internal meat thermometer reads 165ºF, about 1 hour.