Sugar Free Butter Pecan Cookies
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 12
- 3 cups sugar free biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- Fruit sweetened jam
- Pecan halves
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a blender or food processor to chop pecan pieces until finely ground.
- Sift biscuit mix then stir in pecans and set aside.
- Use blender or food processor to purée dates gradually adding egg whites and warm water.
- Beat several minutes until creamy.
- Melt butter and then stir in date cream and vanilla.
- Fold liquid ingredients into biscuit mix.
- Stir only until blended.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet form dough into cookies 1/4" thickness by 2" diameter.
- Press a thumb print into the middle of each and decorate each cookie with jam and/or pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.