African Style Vegetables In Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup potatoes cubed
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups green beans chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon berbere (Ethiopian pepper spice)
- 1/2 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil with cloves over low heat.
- When hot add onions and garlic then sauté stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes then continue to sauté 5 minutes stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add green beans and sauté for a few more minutes then slowly stir in coconut milk.
- Carefully bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes stirring often.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.