- 1 (8-oz.) can Hunt's Tomato Sauce with Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 Tblsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp instant minced onion
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/8 tsp barbecue spice/rub
- 2 1/2 lbs. frying chicken pieces
How to make it
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients, except chicken. Blend well.
- Arrange chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chicken; cover, marinate 6 to 8 hours in refrigerator; turn occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on rack or broiler pan, skin side up.
- Bake at 375* about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.
- Baste with reserved marinade every 15 minutes during baking.