Great Gravy Pot Roast
- Time 180 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3-1/2 pounds beef chuck or sirloin roast
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large carrot sliced thin
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3/4 cup burgundy wine
- 3/4 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to make it
- Rub meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Brown roast on all sides then add garlic, onion and carrots.
- Cook until onion is browned then drain grease from pan.
- Lower heat and add wine and sour cream.
- Cover tightly and simmer over very low heat for 3 hours.