White Bean And Chicken Chili
- 3 15 oz. cans white beans, drained ( or you may cook your own )
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium chopped peeled onions, divided
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 4 oz. cans whole green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
How to make it
- Place beans, chicken broth and half the onions in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and, when hot but not smoking, add onions and sauté until tender.
- Stir in chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add green chiles, garlic, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to bean pot and season with salt and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until flavors are well blended.
- Add more water or stock, if needed.
- Serve warm, garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired.