Creamiest Rice Pudding
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon to taste
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1/2 gallon milk, sugar and rice. Simmer, Covered, 1 hour, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt and vanilla. Stir into
- rice mixture and Return pot to low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch dish and Cover with plastic wrap, folding back the corners to allow the steam to escape.
- When pudding has cooled to room temperature, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle surface of Pudding with cinnamon. Cover tightly (with fresh wrap) and refrigerate 8 or overnight.