Cherry Cheese Brownies
- 1 16 ounce can dark sweet cherries
- 1 15 ounce brownie mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut or half cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
How to make it
- Drain cherries; reserve 1/4 cup cherry juice.
- Put brownie mix in a large bowl. Add 1 egg, oil and reserved cherry juice; mix well. Gently stir in cherries. Set aside.
- Put cream cheese and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer 3 to 4 minutes, or until well mixed. Add remaining 1 egg; mix well. Stir in coconut and almond extract.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Spoon brownie mixture evenly into pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture. Use a knife to swirl cream cheese mixture into brownie mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool. Cut into squares or bars.