Eggnog Yule Bread
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 12
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cup eggnog
- 3 teaspoons rum flavored extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (or use Criso butter flavor)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease bottom only of loaf pans.
- Blend together the eggs, eggnog, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake bread in large pans for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan.
- Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.