Romaine And Turkey Salad With Creamy Avacado Dressing
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups bagged chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced roasted turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth, scraping sides. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese on each bread slice. Broil bread slices 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle buttermilk mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with cheese toasts.