Candied Acorn Squash With Ham Balls
- 3 acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ground cooked ham
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
How to make it
- Split squash then remove seeds.
- Put one teaspoon of shortening in each hollow had a spoonful of brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then place in shallow pan.
- Cover bottom of pan with water then bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Moisten ham with egg and enough milk to hold together then shape into 6 small balls.
- Roll in flour and pan-fry in 2 tablespoons hot shortening.
- Place a ham ball in center of each squash.