- 2 cups spelt or whole wheat flour (add 1/3 c. extra flour if using honey)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or liquid honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbs lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/3 Cup oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4-5 T ground almonds
- 2/3 Cup peaches, chopped (fresh or canned)
- Extra brown sugar for sprinkling on top
How to make it
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate small bowl. Fold gently into dry ingredients.
- Fold in peaches.
- Fill paper muffin cups 2/3's full and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.