Cherry Mash Cake
- Time 40 minutes
- Serves 20
- 4 eggs
- 1 box cherry chip cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- cherry pink or hot pink food coloring (powder)
- 1 tsp. cherry extract
- 2 c. chopped peanuts (I used Planter's salted, dry roasted)
- 1 can milk chocolate frosting
- 3 Tbs. creamy peanut butter
How to make it
- Beat 4 eggs until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cherry chip cake mix.
- Stir in food coloring and cherry extract.
- Mix in cherry pie filling.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Put frosting into a small bowl.
- Mix peanut butter into the frosting; blend well.
- Chop the peanuts into small pieces.
- When cake is cooled, frost and then sprinkle chopped peanuts on sides or top of cake (or both). :)
- Enjoy! :)