Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 litres / 12 cups vegan chicken-style stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup potato, diced (skin on)
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 440g/16oz cans cannelini beans (white, haricot, navy), drained and rinsed (or equivalent fresh-cooked)
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 250g/8oz can creamed corn
- 500g/18oz vegan tiny pasta (eg - stellini, risi, annelini, or vermicelli broken into short strands)
How to make it
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil.
- Sautee the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot, potato and celery and sautee also for a few minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are just soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the pasta, beans, green beans and creamed corn, simmer until the pasta is soft. Note: do use tiny pasta as it swells up a lot once the soup sits for a while.
- Serve with crusty French or Italian bread.