Asian Style Tofu With Cashews
- Almond or peanut oil to stir fry, a few Tbs.
- 1 large red frying pepper, coarse diced
- 1 large green frying pepper, coarse diced
- 1 med red onion thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots sliced
- 10 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 block of firm style plain tofu
- 1/3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- splashes of light colored soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- chopped coriander
- steamed white or brown rice
How to make it
- Drain tofu well and slice on the vertically into finger size thickness.
- Place tofu in bowl and cover with the chili sauce.
- In heavy duty pan or wok over medium high heat, heat oil and cook all the vegetables except the garlic until fork tender and then add the garlic and cook and stir a minute or so.
- Add the tofu with the chili sauce and cook and stir to heat well.
- Add splashes of the soy sauce.
- Lastly add the cashews and cook and stir a few more minutes.
- Serve with steamed white or brown rice and garnish with chopped coriander if desired.