Mexican Pork Loin Lasagna
- Time 18 minutes
- Serves 10
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 T margarine
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 (8 ounce)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/4 t Cayenne Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican Flvaor or Pepper Jack cheese(3 ounces)
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches in diameter)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Spray square baking dish, 9 × 9 × 2 inches, with cooking spray. Remove fat from pork.
- Cut pork into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Mix salsa and sour cream; set aside.
- Drizzle Olive oil in skillet, add 1 T margarine
- Cook pork, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic in skillet about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink.
- Stir 2 cups of the salsa mixture into pork mixture.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat 1 minute, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Place 1 tortilla in baking dish. Top with one-third of the pork mixture. Repeat layers twice more. Top with remaining tortilla.
- Spoon remaining salsa mixture on top; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.