Hot Mulled Wine
- Time 15 minutes
- Serves 10
- 2 quarts Burgundy or other other dry red wine
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 3 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
How to make it
- Combine wine and apple juice in a large container.
- Tie spices in a cheesecloth; add to wine mixture.
- Cover and chill wine several hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag.
- Serve hot.
- Yield: 1 gallon.