Green Chile Casserole
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 ounce can whole green chilies diced
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
How to make it
- Beat half and half with eggs and flour until smooth.
- Slit open chilies and rinse seeds then drain on paper towels.
- Mix cheeses reserving half for topping.
- Make alternate layers of remaining cheese, chilies and egg mixture in deep casserole.
- Combine tomato sauce, onion, broth, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Pour half on bottom of casserole and half on top of chili, egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375.