Egyptian Tomato And Cucumber Salad
- 8 large firm tomatoes
- 6 large cucumbers
- 1 Bermuda onion , chopped (optional)
- 1 large lemon
- White vinegar
How to make it
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers into bite-sized cubes and put into a medium salad bowl.
- Salt very liberally.
- Squeeze tin he juice of the whole lemon .
- Add 2 Tbsp vinegar.
- Toss the salad and taste.
- Add more salt and vinegar (and lemon juice) to make your desired taste and tanginess.
- Onion and or hot peppers can be added to this salad, if you wish.
- Serve with Mah'looba (posted).