Easy Open Faced Autumn Apple Pie
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie pastry
- 6 to 8 large apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine melted
- 2 large eggs fork beaten
- 1 cup pure Maple syrup
How to make it
- Place sliced apples in bottom crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread evenly over top of the apples.
- Bake in a 350F oven about one hour or until apples are tender and top is golden .
- Cool to warm and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a wedge of cheddar cheese or a scoop of ice cream