My Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 18
- 1/2 c Nonfat plain yoghurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c White granulated sugar
- 2 ts Vanilla
- Freshly grated nutmeg to Taste ( makes all the Difference)
- Or 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 c Whole wheat baking mix ( Such as Hodgens Mills Insta-bake mix )
- 1 c Chocolate chips
- Extra granulated sugar
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk yoghurt and eggs with a whisk until well blended.
- Blend in sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and whisk well.
- Add the 4 cups whole wheat baking mix and nutmeg
- and whisk well.
- At this point you may need to use a spoon to mix until well blended. stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop ( 2 inches in diameter ) place 9 scoops of dough, a few inches apart per lightly greased baking sheet.
- Dip bottom of a glass in granulated sugar and press down on each ball of dough to flatten into a circle.
- Place in center oven rack and bake about 8 to 10 minutes or cookies are slightly raised and appear set and dont appear wet in
- the center.
- They should be light brown on the bottom but will appear pale on top.
- Do not overbake as they will continue to bake after removing from the oven.
- Makes 18 large soft cookies.
- Note: I have not tried these with a regular baking mix and assume they may come out just as good.
- The whole wheatmix gives a good texture and slightly nutty flavor.