- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced green cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 3 cups sliced red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 2 small carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
How to make it
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for I minute.
- Stir in green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, onion, bell peppers, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Mix well. Add cornstarch mixture to wok, stirring until sauce thickens, about I minute. Serve immediately.
- Use leftover cooked chicken to make a tasty main dish. Add I cup chicken to the wok in Step 3. Proceed as recipe directs.