Party Toss Salad
- 12 cups romaine or green-leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 can (19 ounces) chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup packaged croutons
- ----FOR THE DRESSING----
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to make it
- To prepare dressing, in a small bowl, combine green onions, garlic, and mustard. Mix well. Whisk in chicken broth, vinegar, oil, and lemon juice until combined. Set aside.
- Dry lettuce thoroughly in a salad spinner or with a double layer of paper towels. Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, chick-peas, mushrooms, red onion, and radishes.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle croutons over top of salad. Divide salad among serving plates. Serve immediately.