Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
- Time 6-00 minutes
- Serves 3
- 1 chicken carcass
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, basil and/or sage
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
How to make it
- Break some of the chicken bones.
- Chop (no need to peel) the carrots into large chunks.
- Chop the celery and the onion as well.
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Any size will do, but preferably at least 4 quarts.
- Fill the crockpot 3/4 full with water, cover, then set for 10 hours on low.
- After 10 hours, add salt if you wish, then turn the crockpot off and let the broth cool for half an hour.
- Strain out the meat and vegetables and discard them.
- Chill the stock in the fridge overnight and skim off the fat.
- Put the stock in baggies, label with date and amount, then freeze.