Sweet Fig Muffins
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1/4 cup butter -- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fig preserves -- mashed w/syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats -- old fashioned
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well after each.
- Add fig preserves with syrup.
- Stir in oatmeal and sifted flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Mix only enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Bake in buttered muffin cups for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.