Salmon And Swiss Cheese Quiche
- 1 9-inch pastry shell, unbaked
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 7 ounce can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon powder
- Bread crumbs, buttered
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake pie shell for 8 minutes, remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cook onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Arrange cheese in bottom of pastry shell.
- Toss salmon with lemon juice, arrange over cheese.
- Beat together sour cream, eggs, cooked onions and pepper, flour and bouillon powder.
- Pour over salmon.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.