Brown Derby Cobb Salad
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch curly endive
- 1/2 head romaine
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 1 chicken breast cooked, diced into small cubes
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and diced (Thick good stuff!)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 medium peeled tomatoes , chopped and seeded
- 3 hard cooked eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- Brown Derby Dressing:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup full-flavored olive oil
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- A note from the Brown Derby: "The water is optional, depending upon the degree of oiliness desired in the dressing."
- Blend all ingredients together, except oils. Add olive and salad oils. Mix well.
How to make it
- Chop lettuce, watercress, endive, and Romaine in very fine pieces. Mix together in large wide bowl. Arrange chives, tomatoes, chicken, bacon, avocado, eggs, and cheese in rows over lettuce.
- At the table pour Special Cobb Salad Dressing over salad, toss and serve.