Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Time 11 minutes
- Serves 24
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 small-medium mashed banana
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked and drained
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugars.
- Beat in syrup, banana, egg replacer, and the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.