- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 cups of warm water
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of honey
How to make it
- Dissolve 1 package of dry yeast in 1/2 cup of wam water.
- Stir in additional water, flour and honey.
- Beat until smooth.
- cover with cheesecloth.
- Do not cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Let stand at room temp for five days or until bubbly.
- Stir 2 to 3 days each day.
- In Florida, I keep this in the frig to retard the "sour" and bring to room temp when I need to make a batch of rolls.